!NEWS FLASH! We have a forthcoming cottage vacancy in March 2019 – click on ‘News’
The Caleb Lovejoy’s Almshouse Charity owns and manages four beautiful Grade II listed cottages situated in Bury Street behind St Nicolas’s church in Guildford.
The charity was founded by Caleb Lovejoy by his will of 1676 and the cottages are one of four sets of historic almshouses in Guildford that continue to provide homes for older or vulnerable members of the community. The houses were built in 1841 and have been upgraded over the years to provide comfortable twenty first century living.
The charity is governed by a board of eight voluntary trustees and a manager is employed to oversee the day to day running of the cottages and charity.